Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Margarita Carrot Sticks



I came across this recipe two years ago that claimed to be as addictive as french fries and had to try it out. It's become my all time favorite carrot recipe. I've tested it out on some pretty picky kids and have gotten nothing but approval.(My boys are still a bit too young for these but their sister and cousins gobble them up.) These carrot sticks are perfect for pool side munching... I like to bring along some sweet grapes too. It's the perfect sweet & salty raw food combo.

You will need:
4-6 carrots
a lime or two
course salt to taste (kosher or sea salt)

Peel and cut carrots into sticks.
Squeeze lime over carrot sticks.
Sprinkle with salt and toss.

Enjoy!




This recipe is originally from Home Ec 101
If you have not been to Heather's site it is a must see! Home Ec 101 is chock full of recipes, cleaning tips, budgeting advice, and nutrition. You are truly missing out if you don't head over there ASAP.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this - it sounds like a great munchy! I loved your comment on my bug scoop! I came up with the idea when the only thing I could find to pick up a squished bug was a toilet paper tube. I felt I could offer the world a great service by sharing the idea.

    Noreen
    http://craftyjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh! i just found the most amazing white carrots at the farmer's market yesterday. so on this :)
    apologies for my late commenting re last week's Wednesday Fresh Foods Blog Hop - i was in Toronto and just sat down for the first time since I got back. as always, thank you for sharing - hope to see you next week for another seasonal post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll be doing this with my carrots. I wish I had remembered to try this out on my sister's kids while I was visiting (and ditto to Kristy's comment--I was away this week too...we're bad, bad, hosts ;) )

    ReplyDelete